Internet Essentials - Extended Through June 30!
As our country continues to manage the COVID-19 emergency, Comcast is taking immediate steps to help connect low-income families to the Internet at home. New Internet Essentials customers will receive two free months of Internet service, which is available to all qualified low-income households for $9.95/month plus tax. Internet Essentials applicants with bad debt owed to Comcast within the past year are now able to apply for IE service, and be granted amnesty for that debt, allowing families that were otherwise eligible now be able to participate in the Internet Essential program. Apply by June 30, online at www.internetessentials.com/covid19.
Free Wi-Fi Hotspots
- Xfinity WiFi hotspots located in businesses and outdoor locations (public places like parks, shopping areas and transportation platforms) across the country will be available to anyone who needs them for free – including non-Xfinity Internet subscribers.
- The best way to find a hotspot is to use the map of Xfinity WiFi hotspots by visiting www.xfinity.com/wifi. You can enter in your zip code to find a spot. Once at a hotspot, consumers should select the “xfinitywifi” network name in the list of available hotspots and then launch a browser.
- If a consumer is being asked to pay for additional time they are most likely logged onto a residential hotspot, which are not a part of our COVID-19 open access.
Free On-Demand Programming
Xfinity customers with X1 and Flex can simply say “Free” into their Xfinity Voice remote to explore the range of subscription programs currently available as part of the free On Demand event spanning kids’ educational content, fitness and TV & movies, including:
- SHOWTIME – all X1 customers can enjoy 30-days of all the series and movies the network has to offer including Billions, Homeland and Shameless. Xfinity Flex customers will be able to watch select originals such as City On A Hill and Kidding.
- EPIX – 30 days free of the full EPIX catalog of thousands of movies, along with acclaimed original series including Godfather of Harlem, Pennyworth, War of the Worlds and the highly-anticipated Belgravia, premiering April 12.
- Curiosity Stream – 60 days free of the top 300 award-winning documentaries and series on science, history, wildlife, adventure, travel and more. Explore your world and beyond with shows including Ancient Earth and The History of Food.
- DOGTV – the whole family is covered with 30 days free of programs for dogs, as well as dog-related programs for all dog lovers.
- Grokker Yoga Fitness & Wellbeing – 30 days free of expert-led video classes in fitness, yoga, meditation and healthy cooking.
- HISTORY Vault – 30 days free of a deep offering of classic series, probing documentaries and cutting-edge specials. From series like Modern Marvels to specials about ancient cultures, HISTORY Vault is the one-stop destination for exploring the past, present and future.
- Kids Room – 30 days free of a wide selection of popular series filled with vivid stories and beloved characters. Popular children’s series include Bob the Builder, Polly Pocket, and Strawberry Shortcake.
- The Great Courses Signature Collection – 30 days free of engaging and educational video lectures from the world’s greatest professors. Hundreds of subjects to learn, from photography to psychology, guitar to genetics, or mindful health to a vast exploration of history.
- The Reading Corner – 30 days free of reading videos on themes such as spring, holiday, school and nature. For children up to 10 years old. Stories include Donuts: The Hole Story, This is a Book Full of Monsters, and Beauty and the Beast.
Xfinity plans to open more preview content from dozens of new networks, studios and streaming partners on a rolling basis over the coming weeks.