Video Producers Wanted for LIVE City Government and School Board Meetings
NDC4 is seeking Independent Contractors to produce LIVE coverage of City Government and School Board meetings for cable TV and web streaming at four City Hall locations in northern Dakota County.
Producers deliver live programs and recorded video files that meet professional audio and video standards for cable TV and internet. Meetings are recorded using a multi-camera system, audio mixers, character generators and third party software to index and web stream content online. While most meetings will originate from a City Hall, occasional meetings will be “virtual” and may require the Producer to have access to have access to a remote Windows-based computer and high-speed internet connection. Meeting lengths vary based on the City’s or School Board’s agenda. Producers in the highest demand for their services are reliable, flexible, responsive to customers, and skilled at troubleshooting technical issues on site in real time.
Interested video producers who meet the Requirements described in this announcement should send a proposal with all of the following: proposed rate ($18 - $20 per hour), current qualifications and experience, at least two recent customer references, availability Mondays through Wednesdays, and detailed contact information to SEARCH@townsquare.tv. (NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.)
• Available to arrive at City Hall locations on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays as early as 4:00 p.m. (two to six meetings per month). City Halls are in Inver Grove Heights, Mendota Heights, South St. Paul, and West St. Paul.
• Available to stay for the duration of meetings to complete post-meeting deliverables.
• Helpful to have your own Windows-based computer, with Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge, and a reliable high-speed internet connection.
• Experienced with the following equipment:
o Multi-camera systems
o Video switcher
o Character Generator
o Audio mixer/PA system
• Knowledge of city government meeting protocol and procedure is helpful.
• Physically able to move around City Hall and City Council Chambers as needed to work with existing audio/visual system. Physically able to stoop, bend, crawl, walk in tight spaces, if needed.
• Must follow current CDC and MN State guidelines regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, including wearing a face mask over mouth and nose and social distancing, and any possible local City Hall requirements.