FULL-TIME JOB OPPORTUNITY
Are you interested in joining a small but mighty community media station with a big heart? Are you fast, thorough and accurate while effectively prioritizing multiple computer and A/V tasks? Are you technically skilled, but also flexible and able to provide responsive tech support to both external customers and internal team members? Please follow the instructions below to submit your application.
FT Master Control Operator
Town Square Television, the local community cable TV station serving the seven cities of northern Dakota County, is seeking candidates for one full-time operator to work in our master control center in Inver Grove Heights, MN. Master Control is the central nervous system of our cable TV and web streaming operation, where we distribute multiple format video programs for cable TV (minimum of seven) channels, live streaming and archived viewing online, and social media sites.
Schedule— This employee will typically work Mon-Wed 2:00-10:30 pm, Thu & Fri 1:00-9:30 pm, and occasional later hours or weekend work as needed. Some daytime hours may be available for training and on days with no live evening events.
- Monitor and operate station’s automated playback system and all related equipment
- Monitor and communicate with producers for live studio and remote programs and meetings
- Troubleshoot on-site and remote live equipment malfunctions and communicate with producers and supervisors to eliminate live transmission problems
- Report equipment malfunctions and troubleshoot effectively
- Schedule video content and execute playlists
- Ingest, transcode and upload content for multiple viewing platforms, including cable TV (two MSO’s), live and archived web streaming, and 3rd party video and social media sites
- Transmit schedules to third party electronic program guide
- Ensure video and audio technical quality requirements on incoming and outgoing live and pre-recorded programming content
- Provide information and customer service to submitters of content (internal and external)
- Schedule, index, trim, upload and archive public meetings and community programs for web streaming
- Serve as liaison between third-party web streaming provider and city government users and station employees, provide occasional training or training updates to users
- Prepare statistical information and reports
- Install routine software updates
- Fulfill media duplication orders and create media backups
- Attend staff meetings and work on team projects as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Required— Associates degree, technical school degree or equivalent certificate in information technology, broadcast operations, audio/visual, media distribution, networking, or related field plus relevant work experience, OR at least two years equivalent work experience
- Required— Minimum one year of professional experience working at a cable TV or satellite head-end or radio/television broadcast facility
- Required— Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and a standard D-base program.
- Preferred— Work experience with automated scheduling and playback systems such as Leightronix or Tightrope Media. Experience as a trainer on tech topics or providing responsive tech support.
- Helpful— SBE Certification is a plus
Skills and Qualifications
- Proficient with standard hardware including servers, AV decks, routers, switchers, signal monitoring devices, and software including Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Access, anti-virus, computer network, and back-up programs
- Versatile and able to learn specialized software and have an aptitude for operating electronic equipment
- Demonstrated high attention to detail in a fast-paced environment, and ability to quickly resolve technical problems to maintain quality audio & video signals on cable TV channels and online when problems occur
- Proven ability to communicate effectively in person, by phone, and in writing / electronically, with external customers and internal team
- Demonstrated excellence working without on-site supervision, multi-tasking various duties, and troubleshooting problems successfully and independently
- Experience with Apple/MAC iOS, Adobe Creative Cloud, or Drupal is helpful
- Demonstrated ability to write and produce attractive graphics material with proper spelling and grammar is helpful
- Manual dexterity to operate complex equipment
- Normal hearing
- Corrected vision to 20/30 for close and distance vision and normal depth perception
- Normal color vision
- Able to sit and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to crawl, stoop, bend, push, pull, lift up to 30 lbs. overhead, and ability to walk and work in tight spaces
Equipment / Tools provided by Employee
- Must have own reliable vehicle for work-related transportation, some mileage reimbursed, and current MN Driver’s License and clean driving record
- In order to possibly have the opportunity to work some shifts from home after training and orientation are complete, employee would need to have own home computer available for work use, home internet modem and service, home technology to utilize employer’s IP Phone equipment, home work space with furniture and lighting to support office work at home. NDC4 Cable Commission employees are essential workers and may work in the office or at home during the Covid 19 pandemic, but employee would need to complete training/orientation in the office (with social distancing and according to required health/safety guidelines), and would need to work some or all shifts in the office after training / orientation are complete.
- $37,000-$41,000 DOQ
- Full Benefits incl. Health, Dental, LTD, Section 125 Flex Plan
- Retirement Plan with employer match
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, Sick and Personal Leave
Send resume AND wage history/requirements AND at least two professional references to: SEARCH@townsquare.tv or HUMAN RESOURCES, 5845 Blaine Ave, IGH, MN 55076.
Applications must be received before 8:00 a.m. Monday, July 13, 2020. (NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.)
View the PDF version of this document.