The Town Square Television Board of Directors is seeking five candidates for service on the Non-Profit’s Board of Directors. The new Directors will serve two-year terms starting in September 2021.
The eleven-member Board of Directors is the volunteer governing body directing the operations of Town Square Television, a 501(c)(3) Non-Profit Corporation. The organization has a staff of six paid employees who handle day-to-day operations, supervised by the Executive Director and working closely with NDC4 Cable Commission staff and volunteers. Learn more about our organization here.
Town Square Television strives to recruit directors with diverse experiences and skillsets in order to fully represent the community that we serve and to provide well-rounded leadership and guidance to our staff in fulfilling the organization’s mission, providing public access to local communication technologies and services.
This year the board is especially focused on recruiting people of color and indigenous descent, as well as maintaining a balance of gender/identity, age/experience, representation of the seven-city service area, and a wide variety of skills and strengths, including, for example:
- Community contacts and local leadership
- Experience leading other non-profit boards or community organizations
- Business or non-profit management success
- Experience in fundraising or strategic planning
- Advertising / marketing / online & social media savvy
- Work or volunteer in the arts or cultural activities
- Planning or public relations background
- Teacher, trainer, or work in the field of education
- User of today’s virtual and video communications tools
- Volunteers or producers of PEG (public, education, government) local content