While parks and trails remain open, visitor centers and public-facing facilities are closed through at least May 31. Picnic shelters, restrooms, drinking fountains and playgrounds are closed until further notice as we do our part to help slow the spread of COVID-19. In-person activities, programs and facility rentals are canceled through at least June 30.
Here are some things to keep in mind for your next trip to Dakota County Parks:
▪ Stay home if you are sick.
▪ Wash your hands, cover your cough and stay 6 feet from other park users.
▪ Plan ahead by bringing your own water and using a restroom before your visit.
▪ Only visit in small groups, and consider lower use trails.
▪ Give way on trails those who can’t move as easily.
▪ Greet other visitors from a safe distance.
▪ Remember that viruses don’t discriminate and neither should we.
Due to COVID-19, the opening of Lebanon Hills Campground has been delayed to May 22. All reservations prior to May 22 will be refunded.
The camping season at Lake Byllesby Campground is scheduled to start July 1 due to the ongoing campground improvement project.
Read more about park services during COVID-19 on the Dakota County Parks Website.